How to set up the Deco Mesh Wi-Fi System
Note：To make sure the setup process can carry on smoothly, please disable the Power-Saving mode on the phone. The Deco can only be set up through the Deco mobile app, which is available on Android and iOS.
Here we use Deco P7 for example.
1. Launch the Deco App
2. Log in or tap Sign Up to set up a TP-Link ID.
Note: If you already have a TP-Link Cloud account, you can log in with your account.
3. Tap “Let’s Begin”, select the Deco icon according to your Deco’s model number.
4. Unpack the contents of the box. Once you verify you have everything, click “Next”
5. Disconnect your modem’s power and tap “Next”
6. Connect one of your Deco units to your modem via Ethernet cable, and power on both devices. Tap “Next” when both devices are fully booted.
7. Wait for the ‘Internet’ light to be stable on your modem, then tap “Internet LED is stable”
8. Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone and wait for the Deco’s LED to pulse blue. Tap “Deco’s LED is Pulsing Blue”.
Note: If the LED is not pulsing blue, press the RESET button at the bottom of the unit for one second, the LED will turn to yellow. Just wait for about 2 minutes until the LED turns to pulsing blue and go on.
9. Your smartphone will attempt to find and link to the Deco.
In case it fails to find the Deco in this step:
1) Make sure the smartphone supports Bluetooth 4.0 or later.
2) Switch to another smartphone and restart the onboarding process.
10. Assign your connected Deco to a room.
11. Deco will detect the internet connection type, which assigned by ISP.
There are 3 kinds of internet connection types: Dynamic IP, PPPOE, and Static IP. If you can’t confirm this information, contact your ISP for a check.
If your ISP has VLAN settings, filling in the VLAN information then tap on “Next”.
12. Create your Wi-Fi network name and password, then connect your phone to the new Wi-Fi network, click on “Next”.
13. Deco will test the internet connection, and then finish the setup process. You can select “I’m done for now” or continue adding more Deco units.