240GB SATA 6G Solid State Drive – SSD
240GB SATA 6G Solid State Drive – SSD. A solid-state drive (SSD) is a solid-state storage device that uses integrated circuit assemblies to store data persistently, typically using flash memory, and functioning as secondary storage in the hierarchy of computer storage. It is also sometimes called a semiconductor storage device, a solid-state device or a solid-state disk, even though SSDs lack the physical spinning disks and movable read-write heads used in hard disk drives (HDDs) and floppy disks.
- Form Factor: 2.5″ SSD Drive
- The Interface: SATA III – Maximum bandwidth of 6Gb/s or 768 MB per second.
- Read Speed: 560 MB per second
- Write Speed: 530 MB per second
- Endurance Rating TBW – Overall Lifespan: it is safe to say that most SSDs would have a lifespan of double or even triple compared to an ordinary hard drive in normal usage
- IOPS: 4KB sequential read speed of 97,000 IOPS
- Storage Capacity: 240GB
- Memory Cell Type – SLC, MLC, TLC, QLC, PLC: Solid-state drives use NAND flash memory that consists of cells that can hold bits of memory. These bits are controlled by an electric charge that either turns it off or on.
In summary, even the worst SSD on the market is guaranteed to be faster compared to mechanical hard drives. For a couple of bucks, an SSD is a great way to improve your system’s overall performance and would surely last longer compared to HDDs.
Now that you know the technical specifications of an SSD, you can shop for a storage drive that would best fit your needs.
Looking to expand your storage speed, space and capabilities? Why not browse our wide variety of SSD’s ranging from Solid State, PCI, NVME and M.2. Along with a few attachments and accessories, click HERE to see more.